Thursday, 9 September 2010

reseach for game covers

In my research for game covers, I found out different ways in which the company's design there covers. Game covers are there to attract you, if you see a awesome game cover most of the time you will buy said game. A game could be amazing but if it doesn't attract the attention it will go amiss.

Some just show the main protagonist with a blank background.












Notice how even thought the background is plain, its the plainness that makes the cover image stand out.

whilst others show just a logo:























The upside to having just your logo on the cover is that people recognize the game.


but some game covers do have backgrounds:





















This shows the setting for the game. whither it be ancient Greece or a fictional city in America.


I have decided that i will have a background in my cover. I found that games covers that have a background attract more attention and that's is whats needed to attract attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment