I started doing my research today. I have done this by watching TV advertisements on video games.
The first thing I realised was that the genre of the video game is stated from the start. I noticed this when i watched the Halo:reach advert. This showed from the start it was a Sci-fi atmosphere where else the left 4 dead 2 advert had a horror vibe from the start. This is shown in the background colour which was a mouldy green colour and the font of the writing.
There is also the music, this is to show a number of things such as the genre and where the game is set. A good example of this is in the left 4 dead 2 advert where it has a Louisiana type music such as the banjo sound.
Dialogue is sometimes used in the advertisements to inform people of the game. this can be a voice over or from a character like in mass effect 2.
All these elements need to be put in to make this a success. dialogue is key to set the scene of the trailer.
No comments:
Post a Comment